Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summary

I have learned a lot about myself, my abilities, and my teaching style from the activities and postings that I've completed in this class. Even though I knew how to use several of the tools we were assigned to learn to use, I discovered more about them, or looking at another post led me to think of something I could do with the tool in my classroom.

I will leave this class with a legal pad full of ideas and plans that I will slowly but surely implement into my classroom and my daily life. I know that my iGoogle Calendar will be used along with my Google starter page. I am so in love with the To Do List that is on my starter page. I am going to try to use Remember the Milk in order to save trees, but it's one that I will implement slowly. I see myself using it more in my classroom than at home. I really enjoyed the online sign generators. I don't recall visiting any of the sites before this class because I didn't want to risk getting a virus from one of the sites.

One thing that I am going to work on is changing my view of myself as a lifelong learner. I am going to start looking at setbacks as challenges and I will not let them upset me so much. I am also going to continue to look for RSS feeds and subscribe to ones that interest me in my personal and educational life. I plan to explore the world of Podcasts now that I know that I don't have to have an iPod.

I'm glad to know that I can continue to improve my Blog. After looking at other bloggers' blogs, I'd like to add some things (such as a playlist), more pictures, etc. I'd like to have a product that I can share with those who are afraid to take this class. I hadn't thought about adding my blog URL to my email signature, but I will so thanks for that idea.

Thank you for taking the time to create such a fun and user-friendly class. I will recommend this class to my colleagues and I will take any other class that you all offer. The one suggestion that I have is to send out scantrons to those who have registered and have them return the scantron through school mail before school is out. If someone doesn't complete the course, destroy that person's scantron before turning them in for credit. I had to drive an hour just to complete a scantron.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Congrats on finishing. I enjoyed reading your posts.