Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #16

I chose to use IGoogle as my start page because I figured it couldn't be too hard since most Google products are very user-friendly. Once again, I spent tons of time just playing around on the site and at some point realized that I really must complete my assignments. I finally ended up with an IGoogle page that incorporates a ToDo list (from the list of add-ons), famous optical illusions, a tab for MySpace, a Weatherbug.com feed, and some other nice tidbits. Of course there's a tab for Odd News and sports.

Since I've already spent time on an IGoogle Calendar, I decided to create a To Do list. I really like the setup of Jott but balked at giving out my home or cell number to a random site. So, I chose Remember the Milk and I like it. I can't say that I will use it much because I really prefer to write my To Do list out, but if I were more into completing things like that using technology, I would save that tree and go for it.

I also took quite a bit of time on LifeHacker. I probably shouldn't say this, but I know a hacker (former student) and so I was eager to see what I would run across on this site. It's not what I thought it would be, but it does hold some good info that I will find of use.

No comments: